Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Morganza, LA

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/622122618

Another fine day in Louisiana.   We rode over the Atchafalya river and along the levy by the Mississippi.   I risked my life on the bridge to get a picture of the Atchafalya.

We passed some former plantations and historical sites along the way today.

The road was a bit rough and we had a little headwind, which are not my favorite riding conditions, but we made in by 2:30 pm.   Plenty of time to shower, do was and enjoy the local culture.   I had a  crawfish hot pocket like sandwich and an Abita.

2 comments:

  1. So is that river any where near the Wherthefugarewe river? Sorry bad joke. Looks fabulous. So actually we were wondering as we road the bugline if it would be open for x-country skiing. I guess we'll have to wait and see. Hope you're not being chased by any gators! Will look forward to that gumbo:) Hope you're willing to share. Rob & Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. No gators, but the folks in Louisiana don't tie up their dogs. I have been chased so many times that I don't even try to out run them.

    ReplyDelete