Saturday, October 25, 2014

Merryville, Louisiana

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/619692262

I was in a hurry today.   We has no wind and flat roads with a good surface.   I  covered the 52 moles at 14.1 mph. 

After three weeks and well over 1000 miles, we have survived Texas.   I crossed the river and rode into Louisiana minutes ago.   Now I am sitting  and waiting for a  shrimp Po boy.

Last night we celebrated our last night in the lonestar state by going to happy hour at the Honky Tonk Texas Tavern and going out for Texas bbq.   I took a picture of the sign at the bar, we were wearing lycra bike shorts, so baggy pants did not apply.

As far as Texas is concerned, I have learned to respect  the size and diversity of the state.   From the boarded up towns of West Texas to the vitality of Austin, it is an amazing place. The people are generous and friendly, the drivers were curtious and the scenery and sites to visit are wonderful.   I  am glad to have had the chance to visit and see the state, but excited to move on to Louisiana.

1 comment:

  1. Finally another state than Texas. Reminds me how big it is.
    good thing Julie was not with you to enjoy the shrimp po boy.Thanks for describing a typical day. Although it seems each day is it's own adventure!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete