Friday, October 10, 2014

Marathon, TX

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/609682232

Life is funny when 60 miles on a loaded bike becomes an easy day.

I woke up in Fort Davis and got a picture of the courthouse on the way out of town.  I reminded me of the beautiful courthouses in Minnesota that I saw while doing check ride's for work 30 years ago .   This on was named after Jefferson Davis.

We rode to Alpine, TX where there was a nice town, state University and a fabulous museum on the Big Bend area.   It is in the same County, over 100 miles away.

I took a picture of a bike that a fellow rode from Ohio to Texas in the 1880's.  I thought it was a good reminder for me if I am tempted to complain about my challenges.

Overall, it was a fine day.   I kept thinking how wonderful it was and how lucky I am to be seeing this from the saddle of a bike.  I think in a car  you never would chose this route,  stop were we  do and experience the land in the same way.

I have a photo of my rear bike tire.   Julie "FedEx ed"  me a couple of fresh tires to swap out tonight.   I meet the courier and he was a fine fellow with 20 years with the company.   I was very happy to see him.

1 comment:

  1. everyday I look forward to your pics and adventurous comments. Keep up the effort, I tip my hat to you. You need to doff your bike helmet for a cowboy hat, PLEASE don't become a "Cowboy" fan. You are one awesome biker!! Have fun.

    ReplyDelete