Monday, October 27, 2014

Chicot State Park, LA

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/621412991

Today we rode 50+ miles.   We started in the early morning fog and ended in a humid 85 degrees.

With mild winds, okay roads and no hills, 50 miles has become an easy days work.

We rode through rice fields and we're chased by dogs for much of the day.  I am guessing that they don't see a lot of cyclists.

The state park we are in is large and very nice.   I took a couple of pictures of the bayou.   I understand that there are alligators to be found in the lake.

I saw this cemetery in the morning for and as you can see it is the above ground type, like New Orleans.

2 comments:

  1. We continue to enjoy your posts and pictures! Yesterday on possibly one of the last days of our Indian summer Beth & I rode to Merton to pick up the newly paved Bugline to Menomonee Falls. It felt great to be back on the bike. Enjoy the Louisiana food! Maybe bring back a recipe or 2?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, that is great news the trail is done. It might help with some late fall cycling when I get home. I think I will miss the 4-5 hours a day. I have picked up a pretty good gumbo receipe that would be wonderful after a ski.

    ReplyDelete