Monday, October 20, 2014

Bastrop, TX

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/616763543

We had a nice easy ride today from Austin to Bastrop.   Bastrop is one of the oldest towns in Texas and is on the edge of the original pine forest in Eastern America.   You can see some pines I'm the picture of my camp.

I am afraid with the mountains behind us, I will need to work harder to get scenic photos.   I got a picture of a Texas longhorn in a field.... The first one that I had seen.

The most remarkable thing about today is the bathrooms at the state Park.   They are brand new, with tile floors and walls and granite counter tops.   It is funny how the little comforts make all the difference.

1 comment:

  1. would sleeping in those nice bathrooms be up for discussion? Put a men's room sign on your tent. Seems like you have been in TX forever, keep trucking, keep smiling, and keep the faith. You are doing an awesome job and looking forward to hearing your answers to my many questions. You are one tough longhorn

    ReplyDelete