Sunday, October 19, 2014

Austin, TX - Layover Day

Seems funny to be taking a vacation day in the middle of a vacation, but my legs and entire body does appreciate it.   We are staying at a hostel in Austin.  It is about as nice as they can get for sleeping a room with 13 other men.   Earplugs help a lot.

After a nice breakfast,  I caught a bus the 4 miles to downtown.  I had no interest in getting on my bike and was worried about bike theft.

I  was able to shop at REI and have lunch at the whole foods flagship store.   I stopped by the Lance Armstrong bike store, but could not afford anything. In the afternoon I went to the Texas State historical museum which was very interesting.   I  might have a different opinion of the state than Mr. Houston, but as a guest of the state, I will hold off on sharing my own personal thoughts.


2 comments:

  1. Sam Houston obviously had never been to Wisconsin! I am so glad you had a fine day off and a successful trip to the cycle shop. How in the world you rode all those miles on an squarish tire so miles I have no idea. You'll be like a rocket tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy you found good tires! I hope it makes a big difference for you. I marvel at what you have accomplished so far, and look forward to what you will see next. May you encounter many days of smooth roads, and tailwinds.

    ReplyDelete