Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Montel, TX

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/612747225

My mileage is a bit off on the garmin connect.garmin.com, I  turned it off by mistake and did not notice for 5 miles or so.

For a nothing exceptional day in weather, distance or hills, it was a long day.   The roads are very rough, so every forward movement is accompanied by a shock to you hands, knees and rear end.

The terrain has changed.   It is much greener and we pass a lot of ranches and private hunting land.   The road debris has changed from rattlesnakes and bungee cords (millions of them)  to armadillos and mule deer (and slow turkey vultures).

I have a few shots today.   One is of a typical Ranch and one of part of the group waiting for groceries to be purchased to be transported 45 miles to the campsite.   The bananas I carried looked a little rough.

4 comments:

  1. Love the vicarious experience through your comments and pics! The adventure seems to be fun! Even though Texas is really wide it's gonna start changing to greener....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now we know where all those missing bungee cords are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hearing all the challenges you have with meals makes me realize that I need to stop feeling sorry for myself. I have had my 12th serving of pulled pork that you frozen for me before you left. Feeling thankful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow dick, We have been very impressed with your tremendous stamina on those long mileage days, and rough terrain. While Rob continues to be very envious of your adventure, I have to admit there are days when I think you are all nuts! But I must agree that seeing the world by traveling on 2 wheels must be awesome. We could hardly believe you running into a classmate too! How crazy is that! So we couldn't think of any tunes for you, but here's a little philosophy; "Life is like riding a bicycle...in order to keep your balance you must keep moving." Albert Einstein, Keep moving dear friend :) Rob & Beth

    ReplyDelete