Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Fort Davis, TX

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/608521546

Whew.... I made it.   I rode the 90
miles and survived.   It was a very challenging day.   We hit headwinds and climbed 4,442 feet.   I got in around 5:30 after 8 1/2 hours in the saddle.

I think it will be a long day for the group.

I've got a few pictures including the observatory at the top,  flags showing the headwind,  a rattlesnake (that might be dead).

If you look at the profile, you can see that after all the climbs, we had a 15 mile downhill run into town.  I put on some ZZ Top and cruised it in.

Tomorrow is a rest day and it is downhill for the next week into Del Rio.

I will sleep well tonight.  Thanks for all the well wishes and support.

2 comments:

  1. You have earned the right to feel very proud. Clearly "Legs" brought you the last miles. Glad that snake was dead, it would have a bummer to have biked all those miles only to be bit by a rattlesnake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your rest day, Dick! It is really fun to follow your progress and see the photos!

    ReplyDelete