Thursday, November 6, 2014

Pensacola, FL

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/627827165

Another wonderful journey today.   I started the day at sunrise riding along the Gulf of Mexico.  It was very quiet and scenic.   I reached the Florida boarder after a few miles.  I took a photo, showing the number of states I have cycled in this journey (8).

Next I went the the Naval Aviation Museum.   I have a lot of pictures that those of you who like aircraft will enjoy.

The first one is an F14, the Top Gun aircraft.

P5 Marlin - On Dauphin Island,  we camped in the yard of a man that flew these.

A retired Marine 1 helicopter.

The aircraft that President Bush landed on the AC carrier.

There is a F18 in Blue Angel colors.

I  ended the day by cycling along Pensacola bay to our motel.   I did get caught in the first rain of the entire trip.   It was a short shower, but I think the 50 day no rain streak is over.

I carried a couple of naked pigs with me all day (see my post yesterday if that confuses you) and am enjoying it as I blog.

Tomorrow we start the home stretch.   Only 500  miles to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment