Sunday, November 9, 2014

Marianna, FL

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/629963929

We had a nice relatively flat and wind free ride on very nice roads.   I took some pictures of DeFuniak Springs before I left.   I think on its glory days it was a more significant town.

I am very impressed with Florida roads.  So impressed that I took a picture of a stretch.  There was a good surface all day, nice bike lane and low traffic, probably because it was Sunday.

At the end of the ride, we all meet to help carry groceries.   I took a picture of the bikes at McDonald's before heading to the store.

Tomorrow we head to Tallahassee and the Eastern time zone.   It will be nice to have sunlight after 5pm for a change.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Dick, Julie and I are eating popcorn and sharing an awesome German ale. We are watching the Packer's beat the Bears. You are doing great and the end is in sight. I think you need a rain day to use that rain gear you have been carrying across the US!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dick, Deb and I watching the Packers kill the Bears. Deb is doing a fine job sharing popcorn but I think she is not sharing the great German beer 50/50. oh well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, the only two Packer games I have seen this year were losses, so I am glad I was unable to watch and they won. I feel your pain on Julie drinking more than her share...but shame on you for even thinking rain would be a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dick. I just spent the last hour catching up on your adventure. I'm in awe. To think that you're spending 4-7 hours/day riding after sleeping in a tent, making your meals, maintaining your bike, dealing with the elements, etc.. WOW! The fact that you're still able to write your blog is impressive. Best of luck on your remaining days. This is truly an Epic Ride.

    ReplyDelete