Friday, November 14, 2014

Gainesville, FL

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/632883504

Today was a nice easy cruise into Gainesville.   I  started the day taking a look at the Ichetucknee Spring.   It is the origin of the river and is a beautiful spot.   I took a picture.   The spring was visited by DeSoto in the 1500's.

I rode by the University of Florida and stopped at a Kebab Restaurant.   We are doing a little gift exchange the last night, so I did a little shopping.

Tonight we are staying at a private residence.   The owner, Tom is a friend of adventure cycling (the group I am cycling with).   I took a picture of my last campsite outside his home.   The forecast is 38 degrees, which is the low rating for my sleeping bag.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations and thanks for sharing your great adventure with all of us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rich. Hopefully, I can share even more over a beer soon.

      Delete
  2. We were raised to believe that experiences were more important things. Your trip reminds me of what a great adventure our lives can be... Thanks for sharing your adventure.

    ReplyDelete