Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Day 17 - Silver City, NM

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/602598955

Woke up today to total darkness at 0600 and 36 degree temps.  We changed time zones rolling into NM and climates going up to over a mile high.  The one thing about this adventure is variety.

We has a nice 44  mile ride into Silver City.   It involved a lot of elevation gain, but it was a gentle grade and not to punishing.

I got a photo of crossing the continent divide (the first of three times),  one of Silver City from above and one from downtown.  I had food from a food truck that was excellent - Vietnamese Noodles.  Anything but a peanut butter sandwich is heavenly.

Tomorrow is a layover day and my legs and butt are looking forward to it.  I think we may rent a car and head up to the cliff dwellings and hot springs.

5 comments:

  1. Just catching up on the last few days. Bill commented, "It can't be too tough, you are always smiling!"
    Great scenery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found out about your blog, and love it. I'll enjoy 'riding' with you every day.
    Go Dick Go!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you got to Gila Hike and Bike.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pictures make me miss that area!

    ReplyDelete