Sunday, September 28, 2014

Day 16 - Buckhorn, NM

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/602599653

Wonderful ride today.  We started with a 2000' climb over a 6200' pass.  We got into the pine tree's and entered New Mexico.  The Vistas all day were stunning.  I hope my pictures do it justice.  Low traffic,  tailwinds, it does not get much better than this.

I was on my decent, tour de France style and ran into a few cows and calves.

It was my night to cook with another rider.  We had got to the campsite and the local store was cleaned out of fresh food.  I happen to see the Swan's truck, so we chased it down and will be eating good tonight.  The only thing left in the store was canned beans and spam.

No cell coverage tonight, so I will post tomorrow in Silver City.  Good news is that it is a layover day.

No comments:

Post a Comment