Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Explanation of blog

This blog is intended to document my ride across the United States in the Fall of 2014.  The ride will begin in San Diego on September 14th and end in St Augustine on November 16th.  This is my first try at a blog.  I will be using my Samsung Galaxy S5 cell phone to accomplish this, so it might be a little rough at first.  I anticipated that I will enter zones of non-cell coverage for several days in the Western US.

I will be posting the daily route using Garmin Connect.  I hope to have the link active, so you that you can follow directly.  If the link does not work, just copy it and put it in your browser.  It should be able to tell you where I went, how fast and lots of other data.

I have a function called Garmin LiveTrack on my bike computer.  If you want to know where I am at any moment when cycling, let me know and I can add you to the distribution list.  Julie uses this so she can keep track of me throughout the day.  I am sure that my use of the function and cell coverage will make it hit and miss.

One if my co-riders who is much more experienced at this will be documenting the trip for the group.  You may want to take a look at his blog to get additional information.


http://www.southerntier2014.blogspot.com/




No comments:

Post a Comment